Monday, August 17, 2015

Dad's Voice

My Dad has got a sweet voice. That's what I feel. Had he took the route of music, tried enough and had times favoured him, he would have definitely made some mark in the film industry, atleast a small mark for sure. But then he didn't, owing to his circumstances. (By the way, Vandemataram Srinivas and Dad were friends for a while during bachelorhood and the person who introduced Srinivas garu to the industry actually wanted Dad to try it out, but Dad didn't or rather couldn't for whatsoever reasons.) Anyhow, that's a different story...we have many such people in the world who are not lucky enough to materialize their passions.

For about the past few months (after I have took to the past time of singing and recording the same), I thought I should record Dad's singing. I know it would come out just perfectly well. I wanted him to sing "Payaninche O Chiluka" song from "Kuladaivam" movie. Dad is a big fan of this song and introduced this song to me when I was a child.

But Dad kept himself busy all the while and didn't show much interest. Owing to my pressure, even when he feigned some faint interest it so happened that I used to be down with something or the other that I couldn't write down the lyrics and assist him for practising. He said he himself shall note down the lyrics sometime and practice it, but the task got lost in the middle of the daily rubble and worries.

The day before yesterday evening, I don't know what transpired in his head and inspired him, but he just randomly recorded on his phone, one of his favourite songs that came to his mind. It was so random that he did not even bother to turn off the TV in the room. I was not around, otherwise I would have taken enough care. Here's that song. I'm keeping the same as the background score of my blog for readers today.

There's a 2-year old record of the same song recorded on my phone. And that's here.


No comments: