Wednesday, May 25, 2022

And it's over!

Oh yeah! This deserves an entry in my blog. Can't believe it's over. It happened yesterday, technically today, around 12:15 AM. Roughly 24 hours ago, that is! I'm finally done watching the "Friends" series 😐!!!

There's a long background to this, which I'd try and write it down here may be. "Friends" is something I have been watching for the past 2.5 years! Yeah, it wasn't something I was binge watching. It was something I was slowly assimilating, 20 mins a day. Because, it deserves to be taken that way!

During one of my conversations with one of my besties when I was deep down in despair and void, she suggested that I start watching "Friends" series. I usually don't take advice from others. Because, most of the times, I know what I want and what makes me happy. Also, she is not the usual kind who gives advice. And this suggestion coming from her is, sort of, not expected. I did not heed to it immediately. But in Dec 2019, around the time I shifted to Bangalore for my job, it randomly crossed my mind and I took Netflix subscription just for the sake of "Friends". And, I'm so glad I did.

This undoubtedly is one of the best things that happened to me in life. 99% of the times, I used to end my day with "Friends". And yes, this period includes my 2 years of MBA too. No matter how late, I used to end my day with it. And what a great way to end it. Pure, unadulterated friendship, with people living life with no inhibitions and ego. This is how humans are supposed to conduct themselves, I say. Do we really find it these days? As cliched as it might sound, gone are those days. And what I couldn't find, out in the world, I found it in this series.

Here's to the 2.5 years of "Friends"! :) 

No comments: