Wednesday, April 27, 2022

No promise of an easy road...Just the destination!

Thus go the lines in the song - "It's Alright" by Brandon Heath. And they are not mere lines in a random English song. It's a message that occurs to me faintly time and again (albeit not frequently) on my journey. Though it does not sound too optimistic, I had always seen it as a reassurance from the Universe. Because, after all it conveys that there's some force out there that knows my journey and has been kind enough to acknowledge me, in a truthful way, at that!

So now, why do I talk about this? Yeah, coming to THE point. My brother and his family (SIL & niece) are leaving planning to leave for US this May 11th. So yeah, all arrangements have been made. AND I absolutely hate they going to US. I don't want them to. I want them to stay here...along with the rest of the family. I have tried in all possible ways I can, to stop them, since this Jan end. But, I reached my limit of limits and gave up on it recently. And my brother almost said, "Go take a walk!" Not "almost", he said more than that.

I thought, "Ok, it's their Karma! Why stop it?" So yeah, that's what my "mind" thought. But you know this "heart" right? Doesn't settle down that easily. It kept saying to me, I have a role to play...to stop them, that is. That their destiny doesn't lie in US at all. But who cares? Who cares what I think and believe in? It, apparently, is their dream to be there and taste a different facet of life.

So, you may ask who am I to stop them. Rather why do I want to stop them. All may not understand why, but Love Does.

No comments: